HCH Diabetes & Wellness Education Program Staff
Diabetes & Wellness Education
Amberwell Hiawatha's Diabetes and Wellness Education Program is accredited through the Association of Diabetes Care & Education Specialist. Our mission is to provide evidenced-based knowledge, instruction, guidance, and empowerment to our patients. Taking good care of yourself can seem overwhelming when you have diabetes whether you've just been diagnosed, or you've been living with diabetes for some time. We're here to help!
Group Education Sessions:
* Group classes are taught by our diabetes team which includes a local physician, our hospital pharmacist, and dietitian.
* Class sessions are offered five times per year.
* Classes are provided as four, two hour long classes.
* An individual appointment with the program coordinator is scheduled with each patient before attending the group sessions to conduct initial assessment and education plan.
* Follow-up reports are sent to the referring provider.
* Continuous glucose monitoring
* Individual nutrition therapy with the dietitian
* Individual diabetes self-management appointments
* Diabetes Prevention Program
* Coming this year! Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program
Please click here for a referral form
Dana Lueger, RD, LD
HCH Diabetes & Wellness Education Program